Custom Search

LOVE'S LABOUR'S LOST

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

THE LATEST DATING RUMOR

Dr Who star David Tennant dates his TV daughter

Jun 3 2008 By Mark Jefferies

DOCTOR Who David Tennant is dating his co-star Georgia Moffett - who played his on-screen daughter.

The Scot and Georgia, 23, were spotted leaving his house in London together at the weekend after spending the night there.

David travelled to Georgia's Twickenham home on Saturday night and didn't leave until Sunday morning.

The relationship will shock fans who saw Georgia play the Timelord's daughter in an episode of the current series just last month.

More incredibly, the single mum is the real-life daughter of 1980s Doctor Who, Peter Davison.

David, 37, has even made friends with his new girlfriend's six-year-old son Ty.

A pal of Georgia's said: "They have been going out together for a while now but meet up at each other's house so as to avoid being spotted by Who fans.

"David can't go anywhere without attracting attention and it's early days so they don't want any distractions or fuss made about what's going on.

"It started with some friendly dinner dates but has progressed quickly and they are now in a serious physical relationship.

"They look really cute together and Georgia is very happy at the moment.

"Even with his busy schedule, David is making a lot of time to spend with her, so he must really like her."

The couple met while filming scenes together in Wales last year and there was instant chemistry.

In the script, Georgia's character Jenny is shot in the chest and the Doctor cradles her and kisses her head.

She later blasts off into space alone, making it possible to return in future episodes.

In the run-up to the episode's screening, Georgia told how Tennant was the perfect gentleman on set, saying: "It was winter in Cardiff when we filmed and I was wearing very little so you can imagine how cold that was.

"David kindly lent me his jacket between takes. I put it on, bent over and ripped the back of it."

Georgia has recently been filming Spooks: Code 9, a spin-off of BBC series Spooks.

And Tennant began rehearsals yesterday on his version of Hamlet for the Royal Shakespeare Company.

He is unlikely to be phased by the 14-year age gap in his current relationship.

He recently said: "I still think of myself as 18."

I don't know how true this story is, but it's out there. If it's not true, it's fun to read and speculate about. If it is true, that's what I call keeping it all in the family. :-p

Personally, I think a lot of David's dating rumors are not true. I remember Arabella Weir once said he has the ability to just be friends with women and doesn't date as many girls as the tabloids have hooked him up with. It's best to read these stories as just that....stories. Time will tell if there is any truth to what's being written.

Thank you to Carole for sending me the link.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Dang!
Missed out again...
What's a girl to do to hold this man down?...lol!

Anonymous said...

Excuse my English, I am from Germany. I think he dated quite a few ladies during the last few months. And they are always much younger. Very strange. Seems to me like he has a problem with relationships and why is he always going for much younger women?
I really liked him and thought he is a brilliant person, but I am beginning to wonder.....
Still not my place to worry about it!

Anonymous said...

Three relationships since ending his two-year romance with Sophia last October....and this recent one is so new and already it is serious....maybe what he really needs is therapy.

VAWhovian said...

Long comment ahead Carole, I agree with you - and I'm married! As for what someone should do to hold a man like him down: Hmmmm...I would say 1. come to grips with the fact that he's constantly in the spotlight and the public is demanding his attention right now. 2. That his very busy work schedule may take away from spending quality alone time with him. Yes this is a toughy for a relationship but it's all part and parcel to the whole 'I'm dating a hugely popular actor' gig. Anonymous Post #1: Age is a atate of mind. I'm not referring to what he recently said about not feeling his age, it's a personal belief of mine. As long as they're legal, which judging by the looks of things, they are. It shows the man's got morals. Good man.

Now, Anonymous #2: Therapy? WTH? Why compare it to his relationship with Sophia? She got a gig in America. Couple that with the term long term relationship and it's bound to equal end of relationship. Besides, what makes you think he was the one who broke off those relationships? Can you say mutual agreement?

For me, I personally don't care. Let him date who he sees fit. To hell with whatever the public says. As long as he's happy.

I read Annabella Weir's interview - twice - as I found it informative and quite entertaining. I believe that story. Who better than a friend to interview him? You print anything wrong and it's libel to come back and bite you in the bum.

Please, for the love of (insert Name here) Don't judge David for his choice in who he dates. Just be happy that he's happy.
Comment Ended....move along now

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro