Custom Search

LOVE'S LABOUR'S LOST

Thursday, May 15, 2008

DAVID SUPPORTS RSAMD CAMPAIGN

David has voiced his support of the campaign to prevent cutbacks at the Royal Scottish Acadamy of Music and Drama (RSAMD). The following is a quote from an article at BBC News.

In a strongly worded statement, Mr Tennant urged the academy board to think again about the prospect of cutting jobs and introducing more part-time contracts.

He said: "Nothing I have managed to achieve in my career would have happened without my training at the RSAMD.

"The drama training I received was world class and the idea that the opportunities I got there might be compromised for future generations is deeply upsetting.

"I am incredibly proud to be a graduate of RSAMD and Scotland is rightly proud to have such an important arts training ground at its heart.

"I have seen how Scotland's actors are valued and admired throughout the world. I would hate to see a lack of both immediate and long-term funding jeopardise the future of that hard won reputation."

I hope the RSAMD gets the funding they need.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro